Every year, the United States Marine Corps celebrates its birthday on November 10. This important holiday marks the founding of the Marine Corps in 1775. In honor of the Marine Corps’ birthday, service members and civilians alike take time to express their best wishes and messages. Here are some of the top wishes, messages, and inspiring quotes for the US Marine Corps Birthday 2023.
The United States Marine Corps is one of the most highly respected military organizations in the world. Founded on November 10, 1775, the Marines have a long and proud history of service to their country. As we approach the 248th birthday of the Corps, let’s take a look back at its origins and some of the key moments in its history.
Origins of the Marine Corps
The Marine Corps traces its origins back to the Continental Marines, who were founded by a resolution of the Second Continental Congress on November 10, 1775. The Marines were created as an amphibious force to be used in case of a naval invasion of American ships and property. In addition to their primary mission of shipboard security, the Marines also served as landing parties during combat operations ashore.
During the early years of the Republic, the role of the Marines expanded beyond shipboard security and amphibious warfare. They helped put down rebellions, such as Shays’ Rebellion in Massachusetts in 1786 and the Whiskey Rebellion in Pennsylvania in 1794. In 1801, a detachment of Marines helped restore order during attacks on American embassies in Tripoli (now Libya).
The War of 1812 saw the Marines play a crucial role in America’s victory over Great Britain. In April 1814, a small detachment of Marines under First Lieutenant Presley O’Bannon marched 500 miles across the Sahara Desert to attack a Tripolitan city. This daring raid was immortalized in the Mameluke Sword, which is still carried by Marine officers today.
Other important moments in Marine history include their participation in major battles such as THE BATTLE OF CHAMPION HILL during The Civil War, THE BATTLE OF BELLEAU WOOD during World War I, and THE BATTLE OF GUADALCANAL during World War II.
Today, the U.S. Marine Corps is one of America’s most elite fighting forces. It is made up of brave men and women who are dedicated to protecting our country both at home and abroad. As we celebrate their 248th birthday, let us all take a moment to remember the tremendous sacrifices made by these heroes throughout our nation’s history.
When is the U.S. Marine Corps Birthday 2023?
The Marine Corps Birthday is a highly anticipated event in the military community. In 2023, Marines and their families will come together to celebrate the 248th birthday of the United States Marine Corps. As the youngest branch of the U.S. military, the Marine Corps has a rich history and tradition that is celebrated around the world. The birthday is typically marked with a cake cutting ceremony, parades, and other special events. So be sure to mark your calendars and join in on the celebration of the Marine Corps Birthday in 2023.
How to Celebrate U.S. Marine Corps Birthday?
The U.S. Marine Corps Birthday is a momentous occasion that is celebrated annually on November 10th. If you’re wondering how to celebrate this special day, there are numerous ways to honor the Marines and commemorate their service. From hosting a small gathering with Marines in your community to participating in a local parade or ceremony, there are many options available to you. You could also visit a military museum or monument, and learn more about the history of the U.S. Marine Corps. Whatever you choose to do, make sure to take the time to recognize the bravery and sacrifices made by Marines past and present. Happy U.S. Marine Corps Birthday.
US Marine Corps Birthday Message
“They tell us that nothing is impossible. They tell us that there is a new world beyond your fears and insecurities. Happy U.S Marine Corps Birthday.”
“On the occasion of US Marine Corps Birthday, let us take inspiration from our courageous and strong marine who are always there to protect us and motivate us. Happy US Marine Corps Birthday.”
“Warm wishes on the occasion of U.S Marine Corps Birthday. This day fills our hearts with pride and our souls with courage to be like our marines.”
“Life is what we make of it. We can shrink it or expand it with our actions. Let us salute all marines on US Marine Corps Birthday.”
“Every day is a new challenge. Every challenge is a new problem. But they never give up for they are made to succeed. Wishing a very Happy US Marine Corps Birthday.”
“Warm wishes to everyone on US Marine Corps Birthday. Let us add a purpose to our lives by taking inspirations from marine who are constantly working hard to protect us.”
“We know our waters are safe because they are guarding them day and night. Let us thank them on U.S Marine Corps Birthday for being the best marines in the world.”
Marine Corps Birthday Inspiring Quotes
1. “I do not believe I could have built FedEx without the skills I learned from the Marine Corps.”
— Frederick W. Smith, Marine veteran and founder of FedEx
2. “I can’t say enough about the two Marine divisions. If I use words like brilliant, it would really be an under-description of the absolutely superb job they did…”
— General H. Norman Schwarzkopf, U.S. Army
3. “We think of the Marine Corps as a military outfit, and of course it is, but for me, the U.S. Marine Corps was a four-year crash course in character education. It taught me how to make a bed, how to do laundry, how to wake up early, how to manage my finances.”
— J. D. Vance, author of “Hillbilly Elegy”
4. “I’m not scared of very much. I’ve been hit by lightning and been in the Marine Corps for four years.”
— Lee Trevino, Hall of Fame golfer
5. “I loved being in the Marine Corps, I loved my job in the Marine Corps, and I loved the people I served with. It’s one of the best things I’ve had a chance to do.”
— Adam Driver, actor
6. “Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, the Marines don’t have that problem.”
― President Reagan
7. “In the Marine Corps, I was used to people doing what they said and saying what they mean. There was a higher purpose and calling in the Corps. Everyone works toward accomplishing something together, and there’s a common goal. In entertainment, the same isn’t always true. You’re in it for yourself in Hollywood.”
— Rob Riggle, actor and comedian
8. “You cannot exaggerate about the Marines. They are convinced to the point of arrogance, that they are the most ferocious fighters on earth- and the amusing thing about it is that they are.”
— Father Kevin Keaney, chaplain who served with Marines in Korea
9. I’ve always been proud of being a Marine. I won’t hesitate to defend the Corps.
— Jonathan Winters, World War II Marine veteran, later actor and comedian
10. “The deadliest weapon in the world is a Marine and his rifle.”
— Gen. John Pershing, U.S. Army
11. “‘Hardness,’ I was learning, was the supreme virtue among recon Marines. The greatest compliment one could pay to another was to say he was hard. Hardness wasn’t toughness, nor was it courage, although both were part of it. Hardness was the ability to face an overwhelming situation with aplomb, smile calmly at it, and then triumph through sheer professional pride.”
― Nathaniel Fick, author
12. “The Marine Corps was the first father figure I had ever known.”
— Art Buchwald, Pulitzer prize-winning newspaper columnist
13. “We have a saying in the Marine Corps and that is ‘no better friend, no worse enemy, than a U.S. Marine.’ We always hope for the first, friendship, but are certainly more than ready for the second.”
— John F. Kelly, retired Marine general and former chief of staff to President Trump
14. “Freedom is not free, but the U.S. Marine Corps will pay most of your share.”
— Ned Dolan, Marine veteran and CIA officer
15. “Men do not fight for flag or country, for the Marine Corps or glory or any other abstraction. They fight for one another. And if you came through this ordeal, you would age with dignity.”
— William Manchester, author and World War II Marine