Every year the 26th August is the official celebration date of National Dog Day! Monday is National Dog Day 2022, observed every year to honor man’s (and woman’s) best friend. The day is also celebrated to highlight the plight of dogs that still need to be rescued, and to encourage adoption, according to the holiday’s website. The website states the efforts dogs put in to help humans. Dogs “work selflessly each day to save lives, keep us safe and bring comfort,” the website says.
Colleen Paige, the founder of National Dog Day 2022, says: “Millions of dogs are killed each year because they’re simply unwanted. They’re unwanted because no one realized how to properly care for the demands of the breed. They’re unwanted because they were bought as a Christmas gift for a child that didn’t keep their promises about caring for the dog…unwanted because they shed too much…unwanted because they bark too much. UNWANTED…simply because someone changed their mind.
All a dog wants to do is love you and be loved by you. Dogs are amazing, courageous, sensitive and sentient beings that deserve compassion and respect. Please consider bringing what was once considered ‘unwanted love,’ into your heart and home on National Dog Day 2022!”
National Dog Day 2022 Quote:
1. “Whoever said you can’t buy happiness forgot little puppies.” — Gene Hill
2. “Buy a pup and your money will buy love unflinching.” — Rudyard Kipling
3. “If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and a man.” ― Mark Twain
4. “A hound will die for you, but never lie to you.” ― George R.R. Martin
5. “Happiness is a warm puppy.” ― Charles M. Schulz
6. “When an 85-pound mammal licks your tears away, then tries to sit on your lap, it’s hard to feel sad.” ― Kristan Higgins
- The world would be a nicer place if everyone had the ability to love as unconditionally as a dog.” ― M.K. Clinton
- No one appreciates the very special genius of your conversation as the dog does.” ― Christopher Morley
- We may have pets, but when it comes to unconditional love, they are the masters.” ― Donald L. Hicks
- Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole” ― Roger Caras
If a dog will not come to you after having looked you in the face, you should go home and examine your conscience.” — Woodrow Wilson
If I have any beliefs about immortality, it is that certain dogs I have known will go to heaven, and very, very few persons.” ― James Thurber
What counts is not necessarily the size of the dog in the fight; it’s the size of the fight in the dog.”—Dwight D. Eisenhower
The companionship between a man and a dog is the most amazing association. He is the most loyal and wonderful friend who would never leave you when you are in a problem. He would feel your troubles and pains and will stand by you. Happy National Dog Day to you!!!
If you want to experience unconditional love, unmatched loyalty, and true care then you must have a dog as your pet because it is the only thing in the world who can love you selflessly for eternity. Wishing you a very National Dog Day my friend.
Dogs are our connection to heaven. They don’t know what is discontent or evil or jealousy because they are too busy to love everyone around them without any self-interest. Blessed are those who have dogs. Warm wishes to you on National Dog Day. Have a great day.